XVII. ZIGÒRXLASER (Centaurs)
A Zigòrxlaser is most simply described as a creature with a human trunk, arms, and head, with a horse body and legs. The human portion of a Zigòrxlaser’s body merges with the equine at what would be the neck of a horse, the lower human back fading into horse shoulders and the human belly meeting the equine chest, so that the hominid navel is almost level with the withers. The rest of a Zigòrxlaser is proportionately large so that an average one stands over a head taller than a human of the same sex. The upper torso and limbs of a Zigòrxlaser are larger and somewhat coarser than the human average. The same applies to the head and facial features. Zigòrxlaser s also have more hair than the average human. They stand about 5 feet tall at the withers being seven and a half to eight feet tall overall and weighing anywhere from 750 to 1200 lbs.
Zigòrxlaser s also enjoy generally exceptional health and do not readily succumb to illness and while they do not live especially long lives compared to some of the other races, Zigòrxlaser s do not age beyond their prime. A Zigòrxlaser’s body never grows frail and their minds never cloud. A Zigòrxlaser
lives knowing he will be as strong and energetic in his final year as in his 19th. To more limited extent this agelessness extends to their spirit as well as their body. While Zigòrxlaser s mature and learn from experience just as others do, confidence and passion does not often fade with time the way it so commonly does among the other races.
Zigòrxlaser s are generally isolationist creatures, preferring the freedom of the woodlands to to large cities and they dislike associating with what are to them annoyingly industrious races. They most enjoy the company of Edheledur, specifically the Sirlazè, so they have little issue being ruled by a Grand Prince of that race. The other exception is the Malòim, of whom they are extremely fond, even some times being patronizingly protective of them.
Zigòrxlaser characters have the following game-specific (3.5) characteristics:
- Stat Adjustments: +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity (ONLY applies to determine acrobatic/balance acts, reflex saves and to AC adjustment, NEVER to fine manipulation rolls, ranged attacks, etc. Thus, the Zigòrxlaser character will have 2 DEX scores, ex 16/14.
- Size: Large (–1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits quadruple those of Medium characters). In addition, they get a +2 to Strength Checks for opening doors/bend bars and similar rolls.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- Movement: A Zigòrxlaser’s base land speed is 50 feet. Zigòrxlasers receive a -4 penalty to non-running jump attempts, and +2 to running jump attempts.
- Senses: Zigòrxlaser have Darkvision out to 60 feet. Their generally keen senses give it a +1 to Vision and Hearing Checks. Zigòrxlasers may also detect the scent of an equine in a radius of 20’, within an hour
- Racial Hit Dice: Due to their large size, Zigòrxlasers gain an extra 1d10 HP at 1st level
- Saves: Zigòrxlaser get a +2 to Fortitude Saves vs Poisons from their hardy constitutions and large size.
- Racial Skills: Its class skills are Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
- Natural Armour Class: +3 AC
- Racial Feats: A Zigòrxlaser gets the following special feats:
- Rearing: Zigòrxlasers may attack an opponent with their front hooves. This requires 50% of their height above them to do so, and do 1d6 each, with 1⁄2 strength bonus for damage. Zigòrxlasers may also attack with both their hooves and their torso weapons (fists or otherwise) in one round, suffering a -5 to attack to all to-hit rolls (-2 if Multi-Attack feat is taken). If attacked from behind, a Zigòrxlaser may also kick with its rear hooves for 1d6 points of damage each. All hoof attacks are considered armed. Unless prevented from using their hooves (due to height, footing, etc), Zigòrxlasers threaten 5’ around them even when wielding a ranged weapon.
- Firing on the Move: Zigòrxlasers may fire bows while making a double move at a -2 penalty, or at a run (4 x moves) at -4. This penalty is reduced to -0/-2 if the character takes the Mounted Combat feat.
- Charging: Zigòrxlasers may charge with lance or lance-like weapons and gain the 2x damage multiplier as though on a mount
- Weaknesses: Zigòrxlasers have the following limitations:
- Diet: They require 3x Human amount of food and water. Zigòrxlasers may consume tougher food than humans, and to some extent require roughage, like oats.
- Climbing: Zigòrxlaser CANNOT Climb (for painfully obvious reasons). Nor can they tumble.
- Barding: Armour for Zigòrxlasers costs 4x the norm and weighs 3x as much.
- Favoured Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +2.
Source for the female archer image.
Source for the war party image.
There! I have done the major races in at least a somewhat consistent manner. Yes I know that the game-specific stuff is not all worked out coherently, but that will get done. As well I am taking a look at 5E, and I may just go whole hog and join the 21st century.
Now, on to the next thing: Climate, and a ridiculously complex language section. Fun, fun, fun!