IV: KAVAKÖRÖ (Selkie)
Kavakörös are Fey creatures native to the ocean. They are comfortable in the deep sea and on the ground. Kavakörös resemble elves but have some differences. They always have shinning blue hair (dark or light) and deep blue or green (less common) eyes. They do not have any facial or body hair and soft pale skin. Males are noticeably larger than females and are usually muscular, while females are more delicate and graceful.
Kavakörös tend toward neutrality in both good and evil, law and chaos axis.
The Kavakörö religion is shamanic/druidic, centred on the worship of spirits of nature and their ancestors.
Kavakörös society is tribal, headed by the shamans and druids (almost always female). Like other shamanic society, spirituality has great importance in everyday matters. Their society is matriarchal, females are the leaders and males are the hunters and warriors. Despite these gender roles, males and females are considered equal.
They are nomadic and live in a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, travelling from beach to beach, setting up their tents and huts. If the resources are sufficient they may remain in place for many years.
Clothing is mostly made of sealskin (basically leather); the clothes of Kavakörö shaman are often embroidered with jewels and semi-precious stones, and can be insanely expensive.
Kavakörö wear light armours made of seal or walrus hide, some wear medium armour made of bone. The armour often only covers the torso. Most Kavakörö weapons are made of bone, and are of primitive design.
Kavakörö characters have the following game-specific (3.5) characteristics.
- Stat Adjustments: +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, +4 Charisma:
- Size: Medium (As Medium creatures, Kavakörö gain no benefit of penalty to their attacks or armour class.
- Movement: A Kavakörö’s base land speed is 20ft: however Kavakörös have a base swim speed of 30ft and get a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. They can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. They can use the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
- Darkvision: Kavakörö have Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Siren Form: When in water, the Kavakörö may take the form of a siren with a seal tail. In Siren form the Kavakörö is granted a +4 Bonus to Dexterity and a swim speed of 40 ft. but take a -2 penalty to attack roll to attack any creature outside of water.
- Water Breathing (Ex): Kavakörö s may breath in water (salt or fresh) as if it is air, and may never drown.
- Water Adaptation (Ex): Kavakörö s are vulnerable to hot climates and become thirsty twice as fast, they get -2 to fortitude save to resist hot climate, and they become thirsty in half the required time for an human. However they get +2 to resist cold environment. Kavakörö get a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard and can always choose to take 10 on Swim checks, even if distracted or endangered. Swim is always a class skill.
- Resistances: Frost Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 5, Fire Weakness 10
- Favoured Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +1 ECL.
Kavakörö Random Starting Ages
Kavakörö Aging Effects
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|55 years||93 years||150 years||+2d20 years|
- At middle age, −1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
- At old age, −2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
- At venerable age, −3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Kavakörö Random Height and Weight
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||163 cm (5’ 4”)||+3d10 cm (+1d12”)||60 kg (130 lb.)||+ 3d6 kg (+ 4d10 lbs.)|
|Female||137 cm (4’ 6”)||+2d10 cm (+1d8”)||50 kg (110 lbs.)||+ 1d12 kg (+ 3d10 lbs)|
Based on the Selkies article on the D&D Wiki and the Selkie entry in the D&D Fiend Folio.