These anthropomorphic foxes are known for their quick wit and guile. They tend to have a dry and quick sense of humour that takes some getting used to. They have a love for pranks and subterfuge but seldom hold any true hostility until physically threatened. When they meet someone for the first time they may make fun of the new person using metaphor and humour and judge the recipient as stupid if they do not understand or as hostile if they take it personally. They have a reputation for being pleasure seekers in their social lives which is for the most part deserved.
Raufisè resemble fox-headed humans, they are tall and often of a slight build. They have a burnt orange coat of except for white fur on the chest, hands, muzzle, and feet. They have reddish-brown eyes, pointed ears with black tips, brown padded palms and soles, black lips, sharp canine teeth, and a mane of long red hair (favourite mane styles are braids and ponytails). They have a floor length bushy tail that tends to move with their mood.
Long ago, nearly the Raufisè had their own kingdom, but they were conquered by the Lausò in the 4th century, and by the Rìsa during the 9th through 12th centuries, however their adaptability has allowed them to survive, albeit as a minority in their old homeland and with a vastly different culture than they once had.
They are an active people with a love of commerce and a craving for action, and they readily assimilate into cosmopolitan societies. As a result they make up a disproportionately large percentage of the traveling merchants of Dòkràkr and can be found throughout Tòlanar serving in that capacity. They often organize themselves into merchant leagues that are made up of several main large families.
Raufisè characters have the following game-specific (3.5) characteristics
- Stat Adjustments: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Strength.
- Size: Medium (As Medium creatures, Raufisè have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size).
- Movement: Raufisè base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-light vision: Raufisè can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish colour and detail under these conditions.
- Racial skills: Raufisè get a +2 Racial bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy, both of which skills are always considered class skills for the Raufisè.
- Raufisè Magic: 1/day per 3 levels (minimum one) Disguise Self with a caster level equal to the character level. The save is based on Charisma. This spell cannot completely hide your tail(s) so one must be cautious of this giveaway. Anyone familiar with Raufisè magic gains a +5 toward penetrating their disguise. Once per day Raufisè with 11 or more charisma may cast one of the following: Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound, and mage hand. The DC for these spells is 11+ the spells level + the Raufisè’s charisma modifier.
- Saving Throws: Raufisè get a +2 Racial Bonus on saves to resist enchantment
- Illusion Proficiency: Any illusion spells cast by the Raufisè have their DCs increased by 1.
- Natural weapons: Raufisè have a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Favoured class: Rogue or Wizard