The Lausò were originally a horse-based culture that evolved into a highly urbanized society that once created the greatest empire in the history of Tòlanar, and their cultural influence still dominates the continent.
Physically, they resemble the people of modern day Ethiopia, with dark skin, black curly hair and brown eyes, though reddish brown hair is not unknown.
They are a highly urbanized and culturally advanced people though their civilization has been deeply altered by the Rìsan conquest, becoming more violent, provincial, and diverse, with the older local cultures slowly reasserting themselves. As much as the Lausò have been changed by the Rìsan conquest, the Rìsa have been far more profoundly affected by their exposure to the Lausò changed, to the point that they could be accurately termed Lausòmo-Rìsan.
The Lausò have not lost their affinity for horses, and their cavalry is among the finest in all of Tòlanar. However, it is as administrators, engineers, and lawmakers that the Lausò have made their greatest contributions.
The Lausòemian Empire dominated most of western Tòlanar for much of the preceding 2000 years and the legal and political ideas of that empire still define how much of the continent is governed. They also dominate the religious life of southern Tòlanar.
Lausò characters have the following game-specific (3.5) characteristics.
- Size: Medium (As Medium creatures, Lausò have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size).
- Movement: The base land speed of an Lausò is 30 feet.
- Bonus Feats: Lausò get 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- Skills: Lausò gain 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Favoured Class: Any (When determining whether a multiclass Lausò takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count).