Rirnòrè stand roughly 7’ tall, although they can be as much as 1½’ taller. They weigh over 350 pounds on average. Their fur, which covers their entire body, is generally fairly short, and ranges from whitish blond to black in colour.
Their horns, 6-12 inches long for the females and one to two feet long for the males, are their pride and joy, the name Rirnòrè means “horned”. The horns never stop growing throughout the life of a Rirnòrè , although they grow very slowly.
Rirnòrè go to great lengths to keep their horns shiny and strong. As well, many Rirnòrè decorate their horns with beaten gold or brass, some counting their various victories on rings placed on the horn. These rings usually are engraved with some sort of pictograms that describe the win.
The Rirnòrè, who are now found only on the small island of Kadlì, were once an advanced culture based on the islands of Duvkau and Laǩok, but they have degenerated into a brutal barbarism in the 1500 years since they were driven out of those lands by the Araèlikì. To the Rirnòrè , physical strength and personal honour are seen as the paramount virtues, and thus any insult or slight, however petty, must be avenged, usually through violence. Conversely the word of a Rirnòrè is sacred.
They now live in small bands each of which has staked a claim to a small area of the ruins of their once great city and lesser towns, where they fight for supremacy with their neighbouring bands. However, their glorious past is reflected in the grandiose titles that the leaders of these bands claim for themselves.
Rirnòrè characters have the following game-specific (3.5) characteristics.
- Stat Adjustments: +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, –4 Intelligence (minimum 3), –2 Charisma.
- Size: Large (–1 penalty to Armour Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters).
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- Movement: A Rirnòrè ’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A Rirnòrè has Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A Rirnòrè begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A Rirnòrè ’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot. Kadlì have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Racial Feats: A Rirnòrè ’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A Rirnòrè is proficient with the Greataxe and all simple weapons.
- Armour Class: A Rirnòrè has a +5 natural armour bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Gore (1d8).
- Special Attacks: Powerful charge (A Rirnòrè typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack with a +9 attack bonus that deals 4d6+6 points of damage).
- Special Qualities: Natural cunning (Although Rirnòrè are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. This gives them immunity to maze spells, prevents them from ever becoming lost, and enables them to track enemies. Further, they are never caught flat-footed); scent.
- Perception: Rirnòrè have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Favoured Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2 ECL.
Based on the Minotaur article on the D&D Wiki.